Early, Cassidy & Schilling, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training, promoting and other employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, marital status, age, national origin or veteran or handicap status.
POSITION: ASSISTANT BOND CLIENT MANAGER – FLSA- Exempt
Candidate will be responsible for administrative and technical duties to provide support to surety clients, departmental colleagues, and agency producers. The working environment is fast-paced and will require a high degree of self-management.
Handling a large number of multiple steps in a complex system performed with accuracy and speed is essential to success in the position. Excellent telephone and interpersonal skills are required. Work flow and communication disruptions should be expected and handled as part of a normal working day.
The position is full time. Salary is based upon experience, vacation/holiday time and health benefits offered.
- Primary reporting relationship is to the Senior Vice President, Surety.
- Candidate must be highly organized. Must be detail-oriented and comfortable taking directions. Will be expected to type correspondence, photocopy, scan, and complete other clerical duties.
- Accurate preparation/issuance of surety bonds, renewals, and surety-related documents is vital to success in the position. Will be diligent in recording authorizations.
- Filing system is paperless. Candidate will be efficient in filing/storing electronic documents and will be trained on agency systems and proficiency is necessary.
- Professional phone etiquette, basic letter-writing skills, and confidence working with Microsoft Word and Excel, and Adobe Acrobat. PowerPoint experience preferred but not required.
- Set priorities and manage workflow to ensure efficient, timely, and accurate processing of all responsibilities.(24 hour turnaround on bond requests)
- Candidate will be responsible for the billing process and collection of receivables.
- Interaction with clients to obtain bid results, and relay those results to the carrier as well as updating the bond processing system.
- Prepare marketing packages, mass mailings, and provide other technical support in the sales process as needed.
- Perform all customer service functions striving for accuracy, quality and timeliness standards.
- At all times, maintain professional and effective relationships with clients, co-workers, carriers, vendors, and other business contacts.
- Interact with others effectively utilizing good communication skills, cooperating in a goal-oriented, and team environment.
- Actively seek out new methods and procedures to improve work flow and efficiencies within the bond department.
- Advanced skills in position include:
Technical knowledge of surety including types of bonds, cancellation provisions, and carrier differences
Interfacing with clients and prospective clients to gather critical underwriting information, particularly the project-specific information that is required for day-to-day bond requests
Submit information/applications to selected markets, and document/follow-up properly to ensure timely delivery of products.
Financial input and analysis
Experience & Education Requirements:
Surety bond experience is desirable; however, bond technical training is available
A Property and Casualty license in the State of Maryland
There are no specific education college degree requirements, although some college coursework is desirable particularly accounting
This description is not intended as a contract and is subject to change. The duties outlined above are the essential responsibilities and duties of the advertised position. Other duties may be assigned as needs arise.