The 9th annual Mid Atlantic Construction Safety Conference will be held on May 5th, 2015 at a new venue, Martins Crosswinds. Early registration ends on April 5th. There is an exciting keynote speaker this year, Scott Brooks. Scott was one of the OSHA representatives on site at Miller Park when Big Blue collapsed. Below is the breakout agenda:
- Cranes – Impact of the delay in the operator certification
- The basic fundamentals of JHA/JSA. “Nothing is ever so simple it can’t be misunderstood”
- OSHA – Impact of the 2014 fall elections – Federal, MD and VA
- Fall Protection: Suspension trauma: A lethal cascade of events
- Fall Protection 101: Back to Basics
- NFPA 70E: What’s new in 2015
- Builder Risk: Managing the most prevalent cause of clams – WATER
- Prequalification: Managing your safety statistics
- Phone and Tablet Safety Apps: A review of practical and useful apps for the safety professional
Many of the Contracting Sponsors who are currently on board are: Anchor Construction, Cherry Hill Construction, Foulger-Pratt, Freestate Electrical, Long Fence, Facchina, Clark, DAVIS, Capitol Drywall, and Miller and Long.
The Conference falls in concert with OSHA’s National Safety Stand-Down: To Prevent Falls in Construction. The week of the conference also happens to be SafetyWeek 2015. This is the second year of this national event which is an effort from a group of roughly 40 national contractors to elevate safety awareness in the industry. A handful of these contractors (Gilbane, Lend Lease, Balfour Beatty, Skanska), have a strong local presence and support the Conference.
For more information and to register, please visit: http://www.macsc.net/.
Any other questions please contact Jeff Hixon at email@example.com or by phone at 301-948-5800 x 169.