Halloween has been always an exciting time of the year for me. This was especially so as a kid. Since it falls around my birthday, I knew I would have candy, cake and ice cream for many days to come. Talk about a sugar high!
While the nostalgia warms my heart, we all know we need to be prepared to ensure a safe and happy Halloween night. Here some key areas to be prepared for in negotiating Halloween night.
Keep costumes safe
- Choose light colors, reflective tape
- Make sure it is the right size, to prevent trips and falls
Managing Vehicular Traffic
- Cross roads at traffic signals and corners and use cross walks
- Look left, right and left again before walking across road
- Drivers – SLOW down, anticipate heavy pedestrian traffic
Trick or Treat safely
- Young children should be supervised by an adult
- Make sure children know pertinent numbers and addresses, in case of separation
- Teach children to say NO, in the event someone tries to get them to go somewhere not expected
Many more helpful hints can be found at the two links below:
Have a Fun and Safe Halloween!
Any questions regarding this, contact Jeffrey Hixon, CRM, ALCM, Vice President Risk Control and Claims at firstname.lastname@example.org.