The American Subcontractors Association of Metro Washington announced the winners of outstanding general contractors in the DC Metro area this past weekend on March 7, 2015, at the association’s 51st Anniversary Subby Awards Gala at the Omni Shoreham in Washington, DC.
A black tie event that is always one to remember, the Subby’s gala honors general building contractors that demonstrate commitment to fairness in construction through outstanding project administration, efficient field supervision and fair financial practices, including prompt payment. Awards are also presented to recognize superior project managers, a subcontractor that consistently delivers quality projects, a vendor award, an outstanding young leader award, and construction safety awards.
This winners of this years awards are listed below:
- National General Contractor of the Year: Whiting-Turner Contracting, Inc.
- Regional General Contractor of the Year: Henley Construction Company Inc.
- Emerging General Contractor of the Year: Athena Construction Group
- General Contractor of the Year for Tenant Interior Build Out: Donohoe Construction Company
- General Contractor of the Year for Renovation & Restoration: Grunley Construction Company, Inc.
- Architect / Engineer / Developer of the Year: SmithGroupJJR
- Project Manager of the Year: Nestor Santos, James G. Davis Construction Corporation
- Superintendent of the Year: Justin Zubricki, John Moriarty & Associates
- Vendor of the Year: Sunbelt Rentals
- Special Achievement Award: Ken Grunley
- Subcontractor of the Year Award: Acme Mechanical Contractors of Virginia, Inc.
- General Contractor of the Year in Overall Jobsite Safety: Clark Construction Group
- Current ASAMW President: Award Patricia Peterson
Congratulations to all the winners!