In light of the current extreme heat and humidity, particularly forecasted for this weekend and into early next week, we thought it would be appropriate to share information from the CDC and National Safety Council. We have included links below to the articles with important safety tips.
Everyone should take these steps to prevent heat-related illnesses, injuries, and deaths during hot weather:
- Stay in an air-conditioned indoor location as much as possible.
- Drink plenty of fluids even if you don’t feel thirsty.
- Schedule outdoor activities carefully.
- Wear loose, lightweight, light-colored clothing and sunscreen
- Pace yourself
- Take cool showers or baths to cool down.
- Check on a friend or neighbor and have someone do the same for you.
- Never leave children or pets in cars.
- Take the long walk with pets as early in the morning as possible before surfaces become to hot.
- Check the local news for health and safety updates.
Links to the articles below: